Working papers and work in progress:
- Environmental Performance and the Cost of Capital: Evidence from Commercial Mortgages and REIT Bonds (together with Piet Eichholtz, Nils Kok, and Erkan Yönder)
- The Value Added of Commercial Real Estate Brokerage (together with Piet Eichholtz)
- Energy Efficiency Information and Valuation Practices in Rental Housing (together with Andrea Chegut, Piet Eichholtz and Juan Palacios)
- Split Incentives and Energy Efficiency: Evidence from the Dutch Housing Market (together with Erdal Aydin and Piet Eichholtz)
- Forward Looking Real Estate Markets: the Case of Emerging Climate Risks (together with Matthew Kahn)
- "On the Value of Environmental Certification in the Commercial Real Estate Market," 2017, forthcoming in Real Estate Economics, with Nils Kok.
- "Energy Efficiency and Economic Value in Affordable Housing," 2016, Energy Policy, 97, 39-49, with Andrea Chegut and Piet Eichholtz.
- "The Economic Effects of Owner Distance and Local Property Management in U.S. Office Markets," 2016, Journal of Economic Geography, 16 (4), 781-803, with Piet Eichholtz and Erkan Yönder.
Book chapters, industry publications and reports:
- "Innovation in the Built Environment: Energy Efficiency and Commercial Real Estate," 2017, Chapter in Energy Efficiency and the Future of Real Estate, Palgrave Macmillan, London, U.K., with Andrea Chegut and Isabel Tausendschön.
- "Chicago Grabs Lead in Green Office Buildings, Study Shows," 2017, Bloomberg. Press coverage related to the release of the ‘2017 National Green Building Adoption Index,’ over 300 news outlets covered our study.
- "Green Ratings Have Been a Consistent Boost for Office Rents, Study Shows," 2017, Chapter in Bloomberg Report Green Real Estate: Building a Case for Sustainable Property, Bloomberg L.P.
- "Transactieprijzen Corporatiewoningen en Bestaande Koopwoningen: Appels en Peren?" 2014, Briefing for the Dutch Association of Realtors, with Piet Eichholtz.
- "Waarde-Effecten van Duurzaamheidsinvesteringen in Corporatiewoningen," 2014, Report for the Dutch As- sociation of Affordable Housing Institutions, with Andrea Chegut, Piet Eichholtz, and Ramona van Marwijk.
"Determination of the Economic Outcomes of Energy Efficiency Retrofits," 2014, Deliverable to EU project BEEM-Up, with Andrea Chegut, Piet Eichholtz, Nils Kok, and Isabel Tausendschön.